Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lesson 6: Let the Fabric Inspire the Project

I was in JoAnn Fabrics when I spotted this adorable fabric that was reminiscent of Dwell's Gio Fabric like this Gio Hooded Towel.  I checked the bolt and it was in fact Robert Allen for Dwell Studio.  I LOVED it so I bought TONS of it, yards and yards and yards in the different coordinating patterns.



The fabric seemed so perfect for a nursery bedding set and one of my books had the perfect pattern for it.  So I pulled out Amy Butler's Little Stitches and made a fitted sheet, a pillow:




And the quilt:


 It's not really made by quilting, it uses embroidery ties to hold all the layers in place.

I also made a crib skirt out of the green circle fabric so I could coordinate it with the blue and the pink set.

I made a pink crib sheet and a pillow.
The second time around I realized that when cutting the pieces I had to be careful with the print placement and was able to line them up PERFECTLY on the back!


I love this set, and I am glad that I was able to make pieces that would be useful with both sets to move through the set quicker.



No comments:

Post a Comment